UPSC Declares Official Cut Off and Answer Keys For Civil Services Prelims (CSAT) 2011 Examination

image_pdfimage_print

190
185
181
160
164
111

UPSC has replied to an RTI query about civil services prelims 2011 cut off marks and also has disclosed answer  keys for the first time. (I got this copy in Orkut forum and displaying it here for the benefit of aspirants)

COMPLETE GUIDE TO UPSC PRELIMS

Click below on the links to download 2011 question papers for series A (for which keys are displayed above)

GS PAPER -2 – SERIES – A

GS PAPER -1 – SERIES – A

It is said that cut off will be between 205-210 for 2012 prelims(GM category). All the best. (Officially it is 209)

BOOKS FOR UPSC CIVIL SERVICES MAINS EXAMINATION

1) India 2013 – Publication Division, Govt. of India

2) Economic Survey 2012-2013

3) India Since Independence – Bipan Chandra

4) Ideology And Politics in Modern India

5) India’s Struggle For Independence – Bipan Chandra

6)Indian Economy 67 Edition – Dutt and Sundaram or Indian Economy: Performance and Policies 11 Rev ed Edition – Uma Kapila

7) Indian Polity for Civil Services Examinations 3rd Edition – Laxmikanth

8) Geography of India- Majid Hussain

9) Ethics In Governance OR To Download Free E-Book Click here

10) India After Gandhi : The History of the World’s Largest Democracy Democracy – Ramachandra Guha

11) Mastering Modern World History 3rd Edition- Norman Lowe

12) Trends in Indian Culture and Heritage: For Civil Services

13) Select Constitutions: 16th Edition – S Chand

14) India’s Foreign Policy – Muchkund Dubey

15) Challenge And Strategy : Rethinking India’s Foreign Policy – Rajiv Sikri

16) History of the World from the Late Nineteenth to the Early Twenty First Century – Arjun Dev

(I have removed identity of candidate in RTI form to maintain their privacy, and thank him/her for the copy)

72 Responses

1. Anonymous says:

how much percentage attempt of paper makes your prelims clear sure shot

2. V.K.G.B. says:

@Anshu,

I am afraid it is difficult for you this time. Cut-off is expected to be above 190 :-(

3. V.K.G.B. says:

@Prince,

You will definitely get through :-) Congrats!

@Kalpesh,

Ya cut-off will be on higher side this time. For ST it may be around 185.

@Anonymous,

It doesn’t depend upon number of questions attempted. Number of right answers to total questions attempted matters a lot.

If you can answer 45 right in Paper-I and 50 right in paper-II it will be a cake walk for you to Mains :-)

4. ravi says:

Hello, I m getting 195-200 OBC.
    What are the chances of my selection?

5. Anonymous says:

Sir, my score is 230+(gen. Categry) will i in?

6. Akhi says:

Sir, my score is 230+(gen. Categry) will i in?

7. Anonymous says:

surya
    it is good but answer should be just after the pre exam

8. mowni says:

actually i’m a fresher&dont know the pattern of paper?is there any negetive marking in these exams(both prelims&mains).plzz clear my doubt….

9. Ravi says:

Hi sir,,,,my name is Ravi aananda.this is my first trial for IAS prelims…
    i belong to obc…i think i will score between 195-210…

will there be any chance for selection for 2nd exam MAINS?????

10. Aspirant says:

Sir please help me. I am preparing self study now. When i saw few UPSC Prelims GS previous year questions, its ambiguous, even institutes, book, sites giving different options. I also cant findout with books, net or discussion with friends. But after long deliberation also cannt get satisfying answer. Is official answer keys available for older UPSC Preliminary General studies paper? Anybody got through RTI? otherwise please give sources where i can get correct answers. Please help sir. Thanks in advance